I am that person who learns the hard way.
Tears, laughter, anger, it’s all a part of the lessons I had to learn. I was a quiet child, an eye rolling teen, and a young wife and mother. I wouldn’t change any of that. Some of the best lessons I learned in life came from walking my own road less taken. I have never felt the need to follow the crowd. From a young age I knew who I was. I also lost myself along the overgrown path I chose, but boy did I learn from that.
I learned that:
- Life isn’t easy nor fair. That is alright by me. An easy and fair life makes for a weak soul. The trials build our character. They build our strength as women.
- Life is too short. There is no point in living a short existence with hurt or hate in your heart. It is not fair to you and your well-being. Forgive, even if you never get an apology.
- Love conquers all. I truly have faith that its true. Earthly love may not conquer it all, but Heavenly love really does conquer everything.
- The best things in life are usually the ones that scare us the most. Being responsible for another human being is down right scary, yet its really really beautiful.
- You really do learn something new everyday. I do not know everything, therefore learning is the best thing I can do to better myself and better my situation.
- Be excited! If you love something, I mean really love something, then let it show! I fawn and fan girl over cows, and I happen to be OK with that. Cows are my jam!
- It’s more than OK to cry. No joke, I cried like two days ago watching a documentary about five baby animals. My husband tried to not laugh, but the little baby monkey being left out was just too much.
- You are enough. When we doubt ourselves we’re setting ourselves up failure. Being perfect is never going to be attainable, but being enough surely is.
- Take the road less traveled. The scenery is much better. Pave your own way, don’t follow the crowd because you were born to stand out.
- Take time for yourself. Of course you are a mom, a wife, a friend and everything in between. But you will not be able to grow those relationships if you do not have a relationship with yourself. Read a book, take a bubble bath, drink the wine. Take care of you.