One of my favorite activities to do as a family is watch movies. We pop some popcorn and snuggle up on the couch and watch something together. It is so fun to hear my children laughing at funny scenes and saying ‘look mom,’ with eyes wide open in excitement. So, I thought I’d share my list of favorites with you. Before I do, I want to review the movie rating system:
G – General Audiences: all ages admitted
PG – Parental Guidance Suggested: some material may not be suitable for children
PG-13 – Parents Strongly Cautioned: some material may not be suitable for children under 13
R – Restricted: under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian
NC-17 – No One 17 and Under Admitted
As with all movies, please preview trailers before allowing your children to watch them. I have included the movie rating for all of my favorites listed below.
- Kung Fu Panda: (rated PG) my husband and I saw this movie before our children even existed and loved it! This movie will have you laughing well into the evening! There is even a part 2 &3.
- Wreck-It Ralph: (rated PG) I was a little hesitant at first to watch this movie because it didn’t seem worth watching, but I am so glad that I did because it has great character qualities for kids.
- Frozen: (rated PG) I know, I know… I told myself I wouldn’t be ‘that parent’ when I first heard of Elsa and Anna, but I think I love this movie more than my own children and find myself singing along to all the songs whenever my children watch it.
- How To Train Your Dragon: (rated PG) I love the Hiccup’s character in this movie. Again, this is another movie we watched before our children came along and loved it as adults! Parts 2 &3 also available.
- Big Hero 6: (rated PG) Who doesn’t love a big, marshmallow type robot that helps people? My 19 month old son is obsessed with Baymax. He even has a character doll that he sleeps with every night that he got for his 1st birthday.
- Toy Story: (rated G) All of my children love the Toy Story gang!! Woody, Buzz Lightyear and Andy are all beloved characters that instill family values!! Also available in Parts 2 & 3.
There are many more that I can include on this list, but these are our top favorites and the ones we watch on almost a daily basis.